Pension Funds have been growing at a rate of up to 30% over the last few years in Africa. When it comes to pension funds and alternative investments on the continent, there is exponential growth in assets under management. With the global low return environment, Pension Funds show indeed more and more interest in alternative investments, look for diversified investment strategies and have actively begun financing other asset classes and offshore investments.
Deliberating under theme “The Search for Returns in a Global Low Return Environment”, Pension Funds and Alternative Investments companies will be gathered at PIAfrica 2019 to share their views on the current investment climate, the strategies to overcome existing challenges and the opportunities available for alternative investing. The 3rd Pension Funds and Alternative Assets Africa Conference will take place on 20 – 21 March 2019 at the Hilton Resort & Spa in Mauritius. Already 100 participants have confirmed their participation including leading pension funds, hedge funds, asset managers, investors, real estate, investment banks, financial advisors and other stakeholders.
47 speakers confirmed including:
- Bronwyn Corbett, Chief Executive Officer, Grit Real Estate Income Group
- Admassu Tadesse, President, Trade & Development Bank
- Constantin de Grivel, Managing Director, AXYS Investment Partners
- Harvesh Seegolam, Chief Executive Officer, Financial Services Commission, Mauritius
- Francois Guibert, CEO, Economic Development Board, Mauritius
- Oliver Andrews, Executive Director and Chief Investment Officer, Africa Finance Corporation (AFC), Nigeria
- Linda Mateza, Head of Investments and Actuarial Services, Government Employees Pension Fund (GEPF)
- Gerald Paul Kasaato, Chief Investment Officer, National Social Security Fund Uganda
- Mohan Vivekanandan, Group Executive: Origination & Client Coverage, DBSA
- Dr Farouk Aminu, Head, Research & Strategy Management Department, Pencom, Nigeria
- Henry Kyanda, CEO and Trust Secretary, Kenya Power Pension Fund, Kenya
- Michael Mgwaba, Head – Exchange Traded Product Business, Absa, South Africa
- Veenay Rambarassah, Director Investment and Asset Management, National Pension Fund (NPF), Mauritius
- Nopasika Lila, Chief Executive and Principal Officer, Eskom Pension & Provident Fund – EPPF
- Karthi Pillay, Specialist: Retirement Scheme Governance, Telkom Retirement Fund, South Africa
PIAfrica 2019 key sessions are: The search for returns in a low global return environment, LTIs investing in the real economy, Mega funds, Setting up offshore investment structures – the Mauritius advantage and Modern governance: pension executives and trustees exercising full ownership.
PIAfrica 2019 edition is currently being sponsored by Grit, AFC, Absa, AXYS Investment Partners, DBSA, Stenham Asset Management, TDB, Franklin Templeton Investments, Perigeum Capital, Moravia Capital Investments, APEX, Riscura and Enko Capital. Supporting institutions include: AVCA, Economic Development Board Mauritius, SAVCA, Insurers’ Association of Mauritius, Global Finance Mauritius, AIMA, AMIC, EAVCA, NEPAD and ATMC.
To register or to find out more about PIAfrica 2019, contact Laura Sitzia at email@example.com or call +44 207 700 4949.
Contact the PIAfrica Team:
W: www.ametrade.org/piafrica T: +44 (0) 207 700 4949 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Media queries & partnerships:
E: email@example.com T: +44 (0) 207 700 4949
About AME Trade Ltd:
AME Trade’s business to business events provide vital practical information for companies looking to diversify and realign their business strategies to keep up with fast-moving global trends. Through sector specific and country focused events, we are now one of the leading providers of strategic business intelligence for the African, Middle Eastern and South American regions. Our services include bespoke conferences, trade exhibitions, training workshops and networking functions.
Contact AME Trade:
AME Trade Ltd 2nd Floor, 326 City Road, EC1V 2PT |London |UK
W: www.ametrade.org T: +44 (0) 207 700 4949 E:<ahref=”mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org”>email@example.com
Follow AME Trade on social media with #AMETrade:
linkedin.com/company/ame-trade twitter.com/ametrade facebook.com/ametrade