Global Finance Mauritius in Collaboration with Human Resource Development Council
30 – 31 August 2019 at FSC’s Regional Centre of Excellence, 7th Floor, Nex Tower, Rue Du Savoir Ebene
The Advanced Certificate in Fund Administration and Accounting is an intermediate level programme suitable for fund administrators and fund accountants and other back office support staff. This comprehensive course takes a detailed, practical look at key aspects of fund administration and accounting. It will give a detailed insight into the environment in which investment takes place, the way in which funds are operated and the key regulatory and reporting requirements. It is designed to provide with an understanding of the key parties involved in the fund administration process as well as the practical skills required to undertake the daily operations of a fund in a consistent, competent and compliant manner.
CLT International will deliver the training programme, which is a British firm located in Birmingham, owned by Wilmington plc – Company specialising in providing clients with knowledge/information to improve their businesses. CLT International Delivers programmes in partnership with STEP, the Alliance Manchester Business School, the International Compliance Association amongst others.
Vicky Le Poidevin
Vicky Le Poidevin FCA is a Senior Manager of Consulting and Training at Offshore and has over 15 years’ experience in the finance industry. Vicky’s role involves helping Offshore’s clients to find effective solutions and providing high-quality training sessions to a range of audiences across the different areas of the finance industry.
|08:30 – 09:00||Registration|
|10:30 – 10:45||Mid-Morning Breaky|
|12:15 – 13:15||Lunch Break|
|14:45 – 15:00||Mid-Afternoon Tea Break|
|16:50 – 17:00||Closing Remarks / End of Day|
Key Learning Outcomes
- Have a detailed understanding of the functions of key parties in a fund and how they meet the needs of stakeholders.
- Understand the lifecycle of different fund structures, including the processes involved in their closure, winding down and/or liquidation.
- Be aware of the topical issues surrounding alternative investment funds, fund of funds and debt funds.
- Have a detailed knowledge of fund regulation and be able to interpret and apply Principal Documents, Scheme Particulars and investment restrictions.
- Understand the fundamentals of fund accounting and how to account for specific fund transactions.
- Be able to carry out a range of advanced calculations in relation to a fund, including NAV, GAV, performance fees, and entry and exit charges.
- Be able to calculate earnings per share and the total expense ratio, and use ratios to analyse a set of financial statements.
- Understand the impact of taxation on different fund structures and be able to carry out relevant tax calculation.
- 2 days face to face interaction– (MQA approved-14 hours CPD points).
- Access to online resources – (Course delivered over six months and access to online course materials for a period of 12 months).
- 2 Virtual Classroom.
- Access to Trainers online
- Support and Coordination.
- Training Materials.
- Assessment of the programme (written exam).
- Certificate – internationally recognised qualification awarded by CLT International in association with the University of Manchester, Alliance Manchester Business School.
Date: 30 – 31 August 2019 (face to face interaction)
Time : 09.00 to 17.00 hours
Venue: FSC’s Regional Centre of Excellence, 7th Floor, Nex Tower, Rue Du Savoir Ebene
GFM is delighted to offer the workshops at a very attractive subsidised rate of only Rs 12,000, based on its collaboration with the HRDC, which will be funding the workshop upfront to the tune of 80%, under the “Sectoral Skill Development Scheme” . As a result participants will not have to claim HRDC refund for this workshop, minimising the administrative burden.